Garbage Disposal Repair & Replacement In San Diego
As a full-service plumbing contractor, we provide a full range of garbage disposal services.
SCHEDULE SERVICE ONLINE
Call (760) 349-1777 or fill out the form below and a Plumber will contact you.
"*" indicates required fields
Garbage Disposal Repair and Replacement in San Diego and Riverside
Are you having garbage disposal problems? You can count on our garbage disposal services for fast, professional, and economical repairs and replacements. Being customer-focused, we are ready to answer all your questions and provide you with potential options. Our 24/7 emergency service experts arrive at your home or business within 90 minutes, and our workmanship and customer satisfaction are guaranteed. It has been 15 years we are providing garbage disposal repair, garbage disposal installation, and general plumbing services for over 15 years. Hometown Plumbing provides affordable garbage disposal repair & replacement services to all San Diego, Riverside and surrounding areas.
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
Garbage disposals are quite robust, but they do not last forever. Especially in situations where they had to deal with the wrong types of food or a foreign object such as a fork, knife, or spoon. The most common problems are jams and clogs, some of which you can take care of yourself. For the rest, there are our disposal repair experts. Here are a few possible issues and solutions:
- Absolutely nothing happens when you turn it on. That might be the result of a jam that has tripped a house circuit breaker, blown a fuse, or triggered a built-in protection circuit. Check your home’s “fuse box,” make sure the unit is turned off, then press the reset button on the disposal. You may have to wait for the motor to cool off before pushing the reset has any effect.
- You hear a humming sound. That is the motor trying to turn, but the blades are jammed. Unplug the disposal unit then try and clear the jam from above-using pliers (never put your hands into a garbage disposer, even the one that is “unplugged” — you may have pulled the wrong plug). You can also try using the Allen wrench that came with the unit, rocking the motor back and forth until hopefully the jam is resolved.
- Clogs usually require disconnecting the drain plumbing to clear. Avoid using any type of drain cleaner.
- Leaks may sometimes be fixed by simply tightening a connection or two, garbage disposal repairs involving replacing seals, or replacement installation.
- Vibration or shaking usually means that the garbage disposal unit must be restarted.
TIP: Here is a list of things that should not be put down a garbage disposal: bones, coffee grounds, fat, fruit pits, grease, seeds, and stringy foods such as potato skins and celery. These items tend to cause clogs, extra wear, and/or jams.
Garbage Disposal Problems? We Can Help. 24/7 Response (760) 349-1777
Need Garbage Disposal Repair? 24/7 Immediate Response (760) 349-1777
Garbage Disposal Installation
Depending on the exact problem and the condition of your disposal, a new garbage disposal installation may be the best solution. Especially, it applies to those who have a “builder grade” model. These inexpensive models are underpowered and prone to corrosion. We are going to install the one that lasts! Quality brands include features such as stainless steel blades that stay sharp and suffer fewer clogs. We will also help you choose the proper size (HP, or horsepower) based on the size of your family or the scale of your restaurant. Sufficient power means a longer life with fewer repairs.
Fully licensed, insured and bonded Hometown Plumbing has over 15 years of successful experience.
We are known for our on-time arrivals, particularly the 60–90-minute response times 24 hours a day as well as for our fast and polite plumbers that respect you and your property. Our customers appreciate us not having extra charges or higher rates for nights and weekends. And in most cases, we can give you a fixed price right upfront. If there is a cost-saving option, we are going to inform you about it. Setting the highest standards for ourselves we have a lifetime warranty on our workmanship.
What People Say About Hometown Plumbing
We Deliver Prompt Sameday Service 7 Days A Week
At Hometown Plumbing we are proud to offer top-quality plumbing services at affordable rates. Our courteous plumbers adapt to your busy schedule and we never charge extra for Same Day Service, Evenings, and Saturday or Sunday. Our trucks are always fully stocked to fix whatever plumbing or drain cleaning problem we encounter as soon as possible. Our certified plumbers will be able to help you no matter how big or small the problem is. Always aiming to resolve your stressful and frustrating plumbing problems quickly and efficiently.